We collect personal information when you or your employer provides us with information directly or when you or your employer use our software.
Because we are a payroll application we create information to help employers pay employees accurately and keep time, wage and leave records. This information is required by the employer to comply with legal obligations such as the Income Tax Act 2007, Holidays Act 2003 and the Employment Relations Act 2000.
Sometimes we collect information from third party sources that you or your employer have given permission for us to access.
Collecting your personal information is necessary so that you are able to access and use our services. If we do not collect your personal information then we may be unable to provide some or all of our services to you or your employer.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for these purposes:
- to enable you or your employer to access and use our services;
- to enable you or your employer to comply with legal obligations such as the Income Tax Act 2007, Employment Relations Act 2000 and the Holidays Act 2003;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- with your consent, to market various products and services provided by third parties to you within the software.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties such as -
- third party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data to, for example, support delivery of or provide functionality on our website or services, or to market or promote our goods and services to you;
- third party applications that you or your employer have given consent for us to send personal information to;
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
- an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business
- other people where we have your consent.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Access: You may request a copy of personal information we hold about you. We may provide you with a copy of information directly or forward your request to the subscriber (your employer) to provide the personal information to you.
Correction of personal information: You may request the correction of personal information that we hold about you. We may correct the information or forward your request to the subscriber (your employer) to correct the information. If we are not able to determine whether the requested correction is accurate we may attach the requested correction to your personal information.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Privacy Act 1993 or its 12 Information Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner if you wish to make a complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Retention of personal information: Personal information may be required to be kept for seven (7) years for you or your employer to comply with legal obligations, for example those under the Income Tax Act 2007, Holidays Act 2003 and the Employment Relations Act 2000.
If the subscription agreement between Flexitime and you or your employer is terminated we will retain your personal information for up to ninety (90) days from the date of termination.
If you have consented to use third party products and services we will notify you of the termination of the subscription agreement. You may choose to continue to use the software for the purpose of accessing historical time and wage records and third party products and services made available to you. If you choose not to continue to use the software we will delete all personal information about you after ninety days (90) from the date of termination.
Storage and security
We will ensure that the personal information we collect is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures such as the pseudonymisation and encryption of personal information, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk. Although we take measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of information, we cannot guarantee that the unauthorised disclosure of information will not take place.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our website occasionally. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use occasionally.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at: Flexitime Limited Company Number 2333570
Address: 11 Chews Lane (Level 1), Willis Street, PO Box 10067, Wellington 6143, New Zealand
Last update: 10 Dec 2019