No vacancies at this time
Business Development Specialist
The role is focused on growing FlexiTime’s revenue within New Zealand through whichever opportunities and channels are likely to produce the best results.
We have two online payroll products – PayHero and FlexiTime Shift. You’ll be responsible for following up inbound leads to identify their business requirements and discuss whether our products will be suitable. You’ll demonstrate the benefits of our products to potential customers and help them identify the best solution for their business.
You will work directly with the CEO to identify these opportunities and channels and become the local point of liaison for these.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Directly manage New Zealand opportunities to ensure they are closed and to maximise revenue.
- Actively seek new sales opportunities through networking, self-directed research and other channels.
- Actively manage the pipeline of inbound opportunities and keep everything up-to-date in our CRM and other software systems.
- Report on the progress of all business development within NZ.
- Work closely with the marketing team to identify promising channels and messaging tailored to different markets.
- Demonstrate the benefits of our solutions and partner benefits to accountants and bookkeepers so they have the knowledge required to refer their clients.
- Set up meetings with potential clients and evaluate their requirements.
- Prepare and deliver appropriate, tailored presentations and pitches.
- Understand our competitors so you can discuss the relative merits of our solutions vs theirs.
- Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections.
- Work with the customer success team to ensure new customers have a smooth onboarding experience and are fully realising the benefits of using our software.
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date sales collateral.
- Represent the customer internally by providing ongoing feedback to the product team regarding functionality, features and objections.
- Maintain an account management relationship with larger clients by providing information, support and guidance.
- Represent FlexiTime wherever necessary, including at exhibitions or conferences, as a senior member of the company in New Zealand.
You’ll love working in a role that offers a lot of variety – the nature of small business is that everyone does a little of everything, and you’ll thrive in a dynamic environment where no two days are the same. You’ll need to be adaptable, and equally happy working on projects in a tight team or working independently.
You’ll have a demonstrated knack for problem solving. You’ll love a good challenge and the thrill of finding a solution. If there’s a better way to do something, you won’t be afraid to suggest it.
Most importantly, you’ll have a friendly, professional style and top notch people skills.
At minimum, you should have:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Impeccable phone manner and confidence calling warm or cold prospects
- Great time management skills and the ability to prioritise and self-motivate
- Curiosity, empathy and great listening skills to really understand the problems and motivations of prospects
- A strong aptitude for technology and ability to understand and communicate complex software solutions
- Minimum of two years experience in a sales role, ideally selling B2B software
To apply, please send your CV + cover letter through to email@example.com 🙂